- 12 Granny Smith, Rome or Macintosh Apples peeled, small diced
- 3 Red Bell Peppers cut brunoise
- 1 gallon prepared No Added MSG Harvest Vegetable Base
- 2 tsp. White Pepper
- 8 cups Semolina Flour
- 3 Tbsp. Instant Food Thickener
- 7 Egg Yolks
- ¾ lb Sweet Potatoes
- Fresh Sage Leaves, minced
- Unsalted Butter
- Fresh Shallots, minced
- Ginger Puree
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Paresan Cheese, good quality
- 1 Wash sweet potatoes very well, cut in half and bake in 350°F oven until very soft.
- 2 Let potatoes cool slightly and remove skin.
- 3 Puree and blend in egg yolks with white pepper.
- 4 Cut in semolina flour and RC Instant Food Thickener to potato mixture with a pastry cutter until all flour is incorporated.
- 5 Place dough on parchment lined sheet pan, cover & let rest for at least 2 hours.
- 6 Roll out gnocchi in 1 inch thick ropes and cut into ½ inch pieces.
- 7 Using a fork dusted with flour gently rub the gnocchi off the fork to form.
- 8 Cook formed gnocchi in prepared RC Harvest Vegetable Base for 5-6 minutes.
- 9 While gnocchi is cooking, in a sauté pan add butter, red pepper, apples, sage, minced shallots and RC Ginger Puree.
- 10 Sauté 2-3 minutes, add strained cooked sweet potato gnocchi and some cooking liqueur.
- 11 Season with black pepper and top with Parmesan cheese before serving.