- 1 rib celery, small diced
- 1 large portabella mushroom, julienne
- 8-10 white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 cups rice
- 1 quart cold water
- 4 tsp. No Added MSG Harvest Vegetable Base
- No Added MSG Harvest Vegetable Base (additional to taste)
- additional olive oil, to taste
- ¼ cup small diced carrots
- 1 medium onion, small diced
- 1 tsp. chopped garlic
- 2-3 scallions, bias cut
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Sauté the onion, chopped garlic, carrots, celery and mushrooms in olive oil.
- 2 Add the rice and stir to coat.
- 3 Cook the rice until it starts to brown and smells nutty.
- 4 Add the water and the No Added MSG Harvest Vegetable Base.
- 5 Bring to a simmer and cover.
- 6 Allow to barely simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
- 7 Remove from the heat and allow to stand for several minutes.
- 8 Spread out on a sheet pan, cover and cool before serving.
- 9 Drizzle with additional olive oil and adjust seasoning with No Added MSG Harvest Vegetable Base.
- 10 Garnish with scallions.