- 1 lb. Arborio rice
- 4 plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded and small diced
- 1 small onion, small diced
- 1 zucchini, small diced
- 1 red pepper, small diced
- 1 green pepper, small diced
- 2 tsp. chopped garlic
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1¾ qt. prepared Liquid Vegetable Consommé Prep
- 1 tsp. chopped thyme
- 1 Tbsp. chopped basil
- 1 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1 Toss the chopped garlic and vegetables in 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- 2 Caramelize in a preheated 400° oven.
- 3 Remove from oven and reserve for later use.
- 4 Add remaining tablespoon of oil to sauté pan.
- 5 Add rice and toss to coat.
- 6 Add 1 cup of prepared Liquid Vegetable Consommé Prep.
- 7 Stir continuously while simmering, until fully absorbed.
- 8 Repeat the process until all the stock is gone and rice is tender.
- 9 Add the caramelized vegetables and herbs.
- 10 Toss gently.
- 11 Season with additional undiluted Liquid Vegetable Consommé Prep.