- 1 lb. softened cream cheese
- 1 small diced red onion
- ¼ cup prepared Creamy Cucumber and Dill Dressing Mix
- 1 loaf unsliced pumpernickel bread
- 1½ lbs. smoked salmon
- 1 Mix the ¼ cup of prepared dressing with the diced red onion and softened cream cheese. (Use the remaining dressing as a dip for crudité).
- 2 Slice the pumpernickel lengthwise on a slicer 1/8-inch thick. Spread a thin layer of the cream cheese mixture on the bottom slice of bread and place 1/7 of the smoked salmon in a layer on top of the mixture.
- 3 Spread the bottom of the next piece of bread with the cream cheese mixture, and place, spread side down, on top of the smoked salmon layer.
- 4 Repeat the process until there are 7 layers of salmon.
- 5 Finish stacking the loaf with a layer of bread.
- 6 Tightly wrap the 7 layer salmon loaf with plastic, and place on a sheet pan. Compress the loaf by placing an additional 6-7 sheet pans directly on top.
- 7 Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 8 After refrigeration, remove the plastic and trim off the crust. Cut the loaf lengthwise into 1-inch wide slices. With a serrated knife, cut the slices into triangles.
- 9 To serve, stand the triangle up on one of the short sides.