- 1 gallon cold water
- 4 oz. Hearty Foundations™ Reserve GF Gluten-Free Turkey Base No Added MSG
- 9 oz. Hearty Foundations Gluten-Free Roux
- 2 oz. canola oil
- 4 oz. minced shallots
- 2 oz. minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp. fresh thyme
- 8 oz. white wine
- pan drippings without additional fat
- sea salt and white pepper to taste
- 1 Mix cold water and RC Hearty Foundations® Reserve GF Gluten-Free Turkey Base together until turkey base is dissolved and bring to a boil.
- 2 In a small pot add RC Hearty Foundations™ GF Gluten Free Roux and cook until just golden brown stirring frequently and reserve.
- 3 In a sauce pan add the other 2 oz. of canola oil and heat.
- 4 Sauté shallots until they just start to turn golden brown and add minced garlic and repeat.
- 5 When garlic is just golden brown, add white wine and reduce liquid by ⅓ of the volume.
- 6 Add fresh thyme, RC Hearty Foundations® GF Gluten Free Roux while blending with a whisk add hot RC Hearty Foundations® Reserve GF Gluten-Free Turkey Base stock.
- 7 The mixture will thicken when brought to a boil.
- 8 Reduce sauce to a simmer and add pan drippings from Roasted Turkey which has had the fat skimmed off the surface.
- 9 Simmer for 20 minutes then strain and taste for seasoning with sea salt and white pepper.