- ½ tsp. Ginger Puree
- ½ tsp. chopped garlic
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. celery seed
- 1 tsp. mustard seeds
- ½ tsp. white pepper
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 2 Tbsp. No Added MSG Golden Vegetable Base
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 cups flour
- blended oil as needed
- 24 medium soft-shell crabs
- 1 To prepare the seasoning mix, place all ingredients, except flour, oil and crabs, in a food processor and pulse until well mixed.
- 2 Clean the crabs by removing their faces with a kitchen scissors and lifting up the pointed sides of their shells, and removing the gills.
- 3 Sprinkle both sides with the seasoning mix.
- 4 Dredge the seasoned crabs in flour, and sauté in the blended oil until golden brown on both sides (2-3 minutes per side).
- 5 Serve immediately.
- 6 Store extra seasoning, covered, in a cool dry place.