Apple Hand Pies
30 - individual hand pies
- 3½ lbs. prepared pie dough
- 2 eggs
- 2 oz. milk
- 1 15 oz. package Apple Fruit Filling Mix
- large crystal sugar to dust each hand pie
- 1 Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Prepare RC Apple Fruit Filling to package instructions and let cool. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2 Form a dough piece into a ball, place on a floured work surface, and roll into a circle about 4 inches in diameter.
- 3 Spoon 2 Tbsp. apple filling in the center. Fold dough over filling and gently crimp dough closed around filling, using your fingertips or a fork dusted in flour.
- 4 Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- 5 Transfer hand pies onto prepared baking sheet.
- 6 Whisk egg with milk in a small bowl until thoroughly combined. Brush top of each hand pie with egg mixture and sprinkle with about 1/4 teaspoon white sugar.
- 7 Cut 3 small vent holes in the top of each pie.
- 8 Bake in the preheated oven until pies are golden brown and filling is bubbling, 25 to 30 minutes.
- 9 Let cool for at least 15 minutes before serving.