- 1o lbs. beef chck, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 lb. bacon, julienne
- 1 lb. mushrooms, sliced
- 3 lbs. onions, medium dice
- 2 lbs. carrots, medium dice
- 1 lb, celery, medium dice
- 2 tsp. chopped garlic
- 3 bay leaves
- ½ tsp. thyme
- 3 Tbsp. fresh-chopped parsley
- 1 qt. burgundy
- 1 Tbsp Beef Base of your choice
- salt to taste
- 2 gallons prepared Hunter Sauce Mix
- 1 Brown the bacon in a heavy bottomed stockpot (that will fit in the oven), remove cooked bacon with a slotted spoon and pour off half of the fat.
- 2 In the remaining bacon fat, sear the meat on all sides.
- 3 Add the vegetables and seasonings and continue to simmer until the onions are translucent.
- 4 Add the wine and simmer for an additional 15-20 minutes.
- 5 Add the reserved bacon and fat, Beef Bases of your choice and the prepared Hunter Sauce Mix and mix well.
- 6 Cover and place in a preheated 350° oven, stirring occasionally, for 1½-2 hours, or until the meat is fork tender.
- 7 Adjust the seasoning with salt.
- 8 Serve the stew as is or over parsley buttered noodles.