16-2 oz. portions
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ cup Demi Glace Sauce Mix
- 1 quart water
- 3 oz. chopped shallots
- 4 oz. Burgundy Wine
- ¼ tsp. thyme
- 3 oz. whole sweet butter, softened
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Prepare the Demi Glace Sauce Mix.
- 2 In a separate sauce pot sauté the chopped shallots for 3-4 minutes.
- 3 Add the Burgundy, thyme, bay leaf, parsley and reduce by 2/3.
- 4 Add the prepared Demi Glace Sauce Mix and simmer for an additional 20-30 minutes.
- 5 Whisk in butter and adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper.
- 6 Traditionally marrow is added to Bordelaise sauce.
- 7 Prior to adding it to the sauce, small dice one pound of marrow per quart, and poach.
- 8 Bordelaise sauce is used on sweetbreads, chops, in stews, on steaks and grilled meats.