Mango Habanero Glazed Chicken Wings
3 quarts glaze
- 7 lbs. chicken wings, cut into 3 pcs., tips discarded
- 3 Tbsp. each, garlic powder and onion powder
- 1½ Tbsp. each salt and ground black pepper
- 2 cups Domino’s® dark brown sugar
- 1-11.15 oz. pkg. RC Mango Habanero Sandwich Sauce Mix
- 2 cups cold water
- 40 oz. Heinz® ketchup
- 4 oz. cider vinegar
- 2 cups honey
- 2 cups RC Mango Coulis, prepared
- 1 tsp. RC Clear Mango Flavor
- 1 oz. RC Chipotle Chile Flavor Concentrate
- 1 tsp. RC Umami Sensations® Red Miso Powder
- 1 tsp. RC Umami Sensations® Kokumi Powder
- optional: 4 oz. fresh or frozen mango, cut into small dice
- all-purpose flour, enough to dust wings
- vegetable or canola oil to fry wings in
- 1 In a large container combine cut up chicken wings, garlic and onion powder, salt and black pepper. Mix thoroughly and keep refrigerated.
- 2 Marinate several hours or overnight before frying wings.
- 3 To prepare the glaze: In a sauce pan combine rest of the ingredients except all-purpose flour and frying oil.
- 4 Mix well and bring to a simmer. (The fresh diced mango will give the glaze a little added texture.)
- 5 Toss marinated wings in flour to coat.
- 6 Shake off excess and fry until internal temperature reaches 175°F.
- 7 Toss in prepared Mango Habanero Wing Glaze to coat evenly and serve.
- 8 Chopped Scallions or chives would be a nice garnish.