Caramelized Onion Tart
- 1 tsp. No Added MSG Golden Vegetable Base
- ½ cup milk
- 1 whole egg+1 yolk
- ½ tsp. chopped garlic
- 4 lbs. onion, julienne
- 6 pcs. bacon julienned, and cooked crisp (reserve the fat)
- 1-9 inch pie shell
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Bake the pie shell in a preheated 350° oven until it starts to brown.
- 2 Sauté the onions in some of the reserved bacon fat until caramelized (about 40-50 minutes).
- 3 Add the |garlicinoil|, toss briefly, and remove from heat.
- 4 Combine the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- 5 Add the onion mixture to the egg mixture, a little at a time, mixing well between additions.
- 6 Adjust the seasonings and pour into the par-baked pie shell.
- 7 Bake at 350° until set in the center (35-45 minutes).
- 8 Allow to stand for 10-15 minutes, to set up before cutting.