Pickled Red Onions
- 2½ lbs. thinly sliced red onions
- 2 oz. RC Siena Dressing Mix – dry
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups vinegar – white, cider or champagne
- ¼ tsp. dry Mexican oregano leaf
- 1½ tsp. dry mustard
- ¼ tsp. dry basil leaf
- ¼ tsp. RC Roasted Garlic Base
- 1 tsp. RC Umami Sensations Mirepoix Powder
- 1 Remove skin, root and stem end of red onion and slice as thin as possible.
- 2 Combine RC Siena Dressing Mix, sugar, water, vinegar, herbs, RC Roasted Garlic Base and RC Umami Sensations Mirepoix Powder blend until sugar is completely dissolved.
- 3 Pour mixture over sliced onions, blend well and marinate for 24 hours for best results.
NotesValue Added Suggestions: Grilled Sandwiches, Tacos, Your Favorite Burger, Great in a Wrap, Panini Sandwiches, Pizza/Flat Bread Topping, Salad Topping
Siena Vinaigrette Dressing Mix, Roasted Garlic Base, Umami Sensations™ Mirepoix Powder