Gluten Free Dilled Matchstick Carrots
- 6 oz. chopped shallots
- 3 lbs. matchstick carrots
- 20 oz. Dill Dressing
- 2 Tablespoons fresh dill
- 8 oz. prepared RC Hearty Foundations™ Reserve GF Vegetable Base
- ½ teaspoon walnut oil
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- Dill Dressing- Yields 1½ quarts
- 2 cups RC Dill Sauce
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 cups vinegar
- ¼ cup whole grain mustard
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Combine all ingredients together in a mixing bowl and blend.
- 1 Heat a sauté pan and add chopped shallots and sauté covered for 1-2 minutes.
- 2 Add matchstick cut carrots and cook covered for 2-3 minutes.
- 3 Add Dill Dressing* and cook covered for 2-3 minutes or until carrots are just tender.
- 4 Peel and seed cucumber, then cut into ½ inch dice.
- 5 Combine cooked carrots with prepared RC Hearty Foundations™ Reserve GF Vegetable Base & fresh dill.
- 6 Spread mixture on a sheet pan & cool. Finish with walnut oil, salt & pepper. This dish may be served hot or cold*