Caramelized Shallot Peppercorn Demi Glace
- 2 tsp. crushed peppercorns
- ½ cup red wine
- 1 sachet bag (parsley stems, peppercorns, bay leaf and thyme)
- ¼ cup brandy
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 quart prepared Demi Glace Sauce
- 4 oz. crushed shallots
- 1 oz. butter
- 1 tsp. Beef Base of your choice
- 1 Reduce the wine with the sachet bag until almost dry.
- 2 Remove the pan from the flame and add the brandy.
- 3 Ignite the brandy and simmer until flames subside.
- 4 Add the heavy cream and reduce by half.
- 5 Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- 6 Strain the sauce and hold for service.