Chardonnay Sauce with Roasted Onion
Approximately 2½ cups
- 2 oz. chopped shallots
- 1 pint heavy cream
- ½-¾ tsp. No Added MSG Roasted Onion Base
- slurry, made with 1 Tbsp. water and 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 6 oz. sweet butter, softened
- 1 cup Chardonnay
- salt and pepper
- 1 Reduce the chopped shallots and Chardonnay until dry.
- 2 Add the heavy cream and No Added MSG Roasted Onion Base.
- 3 Simmer for 10 minutes.
- 4 Add the slurry and stir continually until mixture returns to a simmer.
- 5 Remove from the heat and slowly whisk in the butter a piece at a time.
- 6 Strain and season with salt and pepper.
- 7 No Added MSG Roasted Garlic Base can be substituted for the No Added MSG Roasted Onion Base.
- 8 Both of these sauces are exceptional when served with grilled chicken or shrimp and vegetables over pasta.