3 quarts or 24- 4 oz. servings
- 3 quarts heavy cream or half & half for a more economical version
- 2 packages RC No Bake Custard
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Prepare according to package directions substituting heavy cream for milk and adding vanilla extract.
- 2 Place in oven proof molds, then refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- 3 Portion just enough fine granulated sugar to coat the top of the completely cooled custard.
- 4 Remove any excess sugar, more is not better in this case because it will take longer to caramelize the sugar with a torch.
- 5 *It is not recommended to caramelize under a broiler or salamander, use a hand held pastry torch. No need to grease molds before portioning prepared custard.
NotesTo “Umamify” the recipe, add 1 tsp. RC Umami Sensations® Kokumi Powder to the cold heavy cream. To make a flavored Crème Brûlée –
- Pumpkin: add 1- 15 oz. can pumpkin puree to cold cream.
- Chocolate: add ¾ tsp. 75-80% cacao and 1 tsp. RC Umami Sensations® Red Miso Powder when custard is hot and stir with a whisk until chocolate is fully melted.
- Ginger and Lemongrass: add 1 Tbsp. RC Ginger Puree and 1 tsp. RC Lemongrass Flavor to cold cream.