Heart Shaped Creme Brulee
3 quarts – 24 – 4 oz. individual servings
- 2 packages No Bake Custard Mix
- 3 quarts heavy cream or half & half
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Prepare according to package directions substituting heavy cream for milk and adding vanilla extract.
- 2 Place in oven proof molds, then refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- 3 Portion just enough fine granulated sugar to coat the top of the completely cooled custard.
- 4 Remove any excess sugar, more is not better in this case because it will take longer to caramelize the sugar with a torch.
- 5 Note: *It is not recommended to caramelize under a broiler or salamander, use a hand held pastry torch.
- 6 No need to grease molds before portioning prepared custard.