- 2 Tbsp. chopped shallots
- 1 cup+½ cup julienne leeks, whites only
- 2 tsp. blended oil
- 1 cup Chardonnay
- 1½ tsp. Fish Base
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2½ tsp. cornstarch
- ½ lb. salted butter, softened
- white pepper to taste
- 1 Sweat the chopped shallots and 1 cup of leeks in the blended oil.
- 2 Add the Chardonnay and reduce over moderate heat until dry.
- 3 Add the heavy cream and reduce by ¼.
- 4 Add the RC Fish Base and mix well.
- 5 Make a slurry with the cornstarch.
- 6 Over moderate heat, add the slurry to the shallot and Cream mixture.
- 7 Stir until thickened and remove from heat.
- 8 Add the butter one piece at a time, whisking vigorously until fully incorporated.
- 9 Strain, and keep warm.
- 10 Sauté the ½ cup of leeks without browning.
- 11 Add to strained sauce as a garnish.
- 12 Season with white pepper.