- 1 bay leaf
- ½ tsp. oregano
- pinch thyme
- ½ tsp. basil
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1 rib celery, bias cut
- 1 carrot, julienne
- ¼ cup chopped shallots
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 cup yellow lentils, soaked for 2 hours and drained
- ½ quart prepared Ham Base
- ½ quart prepared RC Chicken Base of your choice
- 1 Lightly sauté the vegetables and chopped shallots in the oil.
- 2 Add the rice and lentils and toss gently.
- 3 Combine the prepared Ham Base and Chicken Bases with the seasonings.
- 4 Add to the rice and lentil mixture.
- 5 Cover and bake in a preheated 350° oven for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- 6 Remove bay leaf and serve.