Light as a Feather Mashed Potatoes
- 12 lbs. skin on russet potatoes, washed well*
- 3 cups whole milk
- 12 oz. butter
- 2¼ oz. salt
- ½ tsp. ground white pepper
- 11 oz. Unseasoned Cream Sauce Mix, dry
- 1 Steam or boil potatoes until tender then remove skin.
- 2 While potatoes are cooking, combine butter, salt, white pepper in a sauce pan and bring to a simmer.
- 3 Place hot cooked and peeled potatoes and milk in a mixer bowl and add RC Unseasoned Cream Sauce Mix.
- 4 Mix until all is just blended together on low speed.
- 5 Do not overmix this is when the potatoes will get gummy.
- 6 Hold at 120°F or cool to 40°F.
- 7 *you can substitute instant mashed potato flakes for up to 50% of the potato weight.
- 8 To “Umamify” the recipe, simply add 2 tsp.
- 9 RC Umami Sensations® Kokumi Powder with the milk mixture.