Lobster Stuffed Chateaubriand with a
- 2 oz. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. shallots, minced
- 1 tsp. fresh garlic, minced
- ½ lb. mixed fresh mushrooms
- 6 oz. red wine
- 1 tsp. each fresh parsley, thyme, rosemary
- salt and pepper
- 2- 4 oz. lobster tails, steamed
- Bourbon Peppercorn Demi Glace:
- 1 qt. prepared Gluten-Free Demi Glace Sauce Mix
- 1 oz. clarified butter
- 2 tsp. shallots, minced
- ½ tsp. fresh garlic, minced
- 6 oz. bourbon of your choice
- 1 tbsp black or green whole peppercorns
- 1 tsp good quality butter to finish sauce
- 1 Butterfly the filet to create a flat piece of meat that can be stuffed, rolled and tied.
- 2 Keep refrigerated.
- 3 Heat a sauté pan and add olive oil.
- 4 When hot add shallots and sauté until transparent.
- 5 Add garlic and sauté until golden then add fresh mushrooms.
- 6 Sauté until mushrooms give off moisture then add red wine and reduce until mixture is dry.
- 7 Add fresh herbs and refrigerate.
- 8 Remove lobster tails from shell and assemble stuffed Chateaubriand.
- 9 Place butterflied center cut filet on a parchment lined sheet pan and season with salt and pepper.
- 10 Roll from right to left, lobster should be in the middle and tie with twine.
- 11 To cook, season with salt and pepper and sear in a hot pan on all sides.
- 12 Roast in a 275°F oven until internal temperature reaches desired temperature.
- 13 Let rest 5-10 minutes then slice and serve on Bourbon Peppercorn Demi-Glace Sauce.
- 14 Bourbon Peppercorn Demi Glace Sauce:
- 15 To prepare sauce, heat clarified butter in a sauce pan and add shallots then sauté until transparent.
- 16 Add garlic and sauté until golden.
- 17 Remove sauce pan from heat and add bourbon and whole peppercorns, reduce bourbon by half the volume and add prepared RC Gluten-Free Demi-Glace Sauce Mix.
- 18 Simmer sauce for 15-20 minutes, strain and reserve until serving.
- 19 Whisk in cold butter and serve immediately.