Old Fashioned Pot Roast
- 16 oz. prepared Beef Base of your choice
- 6 oz. Tomato Paste
- 8 oz. Dry Red Wine
- 8 oz. Mirepoix
- Vegetable oil
- Salt & Pepper to season
- 4 lbs. Beef Chuck or Brisket
- 16 oz. prepared Demi Glace Sauce
- 2 each Bay Leaves
- 1 tsp. Dried Thyme Leaf
- 1 Trim the beef roast and season with salt and pepper.
- 2 In a deep oven proof pot fitted with a lid, sear the beef in vegetable oil.
- 3 Remove seared beef and keep warm.
- 4 Add mirepoix and sauté until browned.
- 5 Discard any excess oil and deglaze pan with red wine.
- 6 Add tomato paste, bay leaves, dry thyme leaf, prepared RC Beef Base & prepared RC Demi Glace Mix.
- 7 Return the seared beef to the pot, bring mixture to a simmer, cover and place in a 350°F oven until fork tender.
- 8 Slice the beef and serve with the sauce.