Plant-Based Brownies with Raspberry Pomegranate Coulis
½ sheet pan
- 2 lbs. loosely packed pitted dates
- 3 cups toasted almonds or walnuts
- 3 oz. cacao or cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- 4 tsp. water
- ¾ tsp. RC Umami Sensations® Red Miso Powder
- For the "Frosting"
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 4 oz. melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 “To Make the Brownies”
- 2 Lightly grease a half sheet pan and line with plastic wrap.
- 3 Combine the dates, walnuts, cocoa, vanilla, water, and RC Umami Sensations® Red Miso Powder in a food processor.
- 4 Process until completely smooth, scraping down as needed – It may seem dry at first, but don’t add any extra water.
- 5 Transfer dough to half sheet pan and press very firmly until dough is evenly distributed in the pan.
- 6 “To make the Brownie Frosting”
- 7 In a mixer bowl combine ½ cup cocoa powder, ½ cup maple syrup, melted coconut oil and 1 tsp. vanilla extract.
- 8 Blend mixture until it forms a paste with paddle attachment.
- 9 Evenly spread frosting over Raw Vegan Brownies.
- 10 Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving so they can set up.
- 11 Decorate plate with RC Raspberry Coulis prepared with pomegranate juice and dairy free dark chocolate curls.