Plant Based Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwiches
1 gallon ice cream; 48 cookies
- For the plant based ice cream:
- 12 oz. liquid Just Egg – Vegan product
- 2 Tbsp. Follow Your Heart® Vegan Egg, dry
- 1 cup sugar in the raw®
- 1½ qts. Bolthouse Farms® Vegan Milk
- 2 – 14 oz. cans coconut cream
- 7 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. RC Umami Sensations® Red Miso Powder
- 1 tsp. RC Umami Sensations® Kombu Powder
- 1 lb. peanut butter – creamy style
- For the plant based cookies:
- 2 cups Earth Balance® Plant Based buttery spread
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1½ oz. Follow Your Heart® Vegan Egg, dry
- 1 cup cold water
- 5 cups King Arthur® gluten free flour
- 1 For the plant based ice cream: Combine all the ingredients in a double boiler or steam kettle except for the peanut butter.
- 2 Bring mixture up to 150°F then immediately cool to 40°F.
- 3 Blend in the peanut butter and process in your ice cream machine following ice cream machine’s directions.
- 4 For the plant based Cookies: Beat butter, white sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a stand mixer until smooth.
- 5 Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beater with a spatula.
- 6 Add Follow Your Heart® Vegan Egg and water, then mix at medium speed until fully blended in.
- 7 Slowly mix in flour with the mixer on low. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beater.
- 8 Mix on medium until combined, about 30 seconds.
- 9 Form dough into a ball, cover with plastic and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- 10 Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Portion out cookie dough in equal-sized balls on a baking sheet covered with a silicone baking mat.
- 11 Use damp hands to roll dough into smooth balls.
- 12 Stamp each ball with a fork in a crisscross pattern. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes until golden.
- 13 Leave on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- 14 Freeze cookies for several hours, then fill with 2-3 oz. ice cream and enjoy!
NotesValue Added Suggestion: Keep ice cream frozen and serve with your favorite RC Dessert Fruit Coulis Mix.
Umami Sensations™ Red Miso Powder, Umami Sensations™ Kombu (Seaweed) Powder