Poached Pears with Creme Anglaise
- 8 oz. prepared Créme Anglaise Mix
- 4 pears, peeled and cored
- 2 cups sweet Marsala
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4-6 cloves
- 1 tsp. Ginger Puree
- 4 oz. raisins
- 1 Combine the Marsala, sugar, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and raisins.
- 2 Bring to a simmer.
- 3 Add the pears and simmer until tender, rotating from time to time to ensure even coloring and flavor distribution.
- 4 When fork tender, remove the pears.
- 5 Discard the cloves and cinnamon stick.
- 6 Reduce the poaching liquid, with the raisins by half.
- 7 Serve with prepared RC Crème Anglaise and reduced poaching liquid.