10-8 oz. portions
- 1 quart prepared Hearty Foundations™ Reserve GF Gluten-Free Chicken Base (No Added MSG)
- 3 oz. white wine
- 3 oz. diced red bell pepper
- 10 oz. julienned carrots
- 14 oz. Arborio rice
- 1 oz. chopped garlic
- 2 oz. chopped shallots
- 4 oz. butter
- Black pepper to taste
- 4 oz. Pesto Sauce
- 2 oz. Parmesean Cheese
- 1 In a heavy gage sauté pan add half the butter and sweat the chopped shallots & chopped.
- 2 Add the Arborio rice and sauté for 5-6 minutes.
- 3 Add carrots & red pepper and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- 4 Add white wine and 12 oz. of |Hearty Foundations Vegan GF Gluten-Free Chicken Flavored Base| while stirring frequently until rice has absorbed the stock.
- 5 Add another 12 oz.
- 6 No Added MSG FlavorMatch® Vegetarian Chicken Flavored Base and continue stirring frequently until rice has absorbed the stock.
- 7 Add the remaining 8 oz. of No Added MSG FlavorMatch® Vegetarian Chicken Flavored Base, continue stirring until rice absorbs the stock and is tender.
- 8 Stir in Parmesan cheese and Pesto Sauce, season with black pepper.
- 9 Finish risotto by stirring in remaining butter & serve.