Risotto with Pesto
- 1 lb. Arborio rice
- 1 quart prepared Premier Chicken Base
- 1 carrot, julienne
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- ¼ cup chopped shallots
- 1 cup water
- 3 Tbsp. Pesto Di Pomodoro or Pesto Sauce
- 1 Sauté the rice until lightly browned.
- 2 Add the chopped shallots and carrot and sauté.
- 3 Combine the prepared Chicken Bases, water and the Pesto Sauce of your choice.
- 4 Add 8 oz. of the chicken pesto stock to the rice, stirring until fully absorbed.
- 5 Repeat the process until all the stock has been absorbed.
- 6 Serve immediately.