- 1 Tbsp. salad oil
- ¾ tsp. No Added MSG Roasted Onion Base
- ½ tsp. No Added MSG Roasted Garlic Base
- 2 Tbsp. chopped shallots
- pinch thyme
- 1½ tsp. No Added MSG Roasted Southwestern Vegetable Base
- slurry, made with 2 Tbsp. water and 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 4 each, red peppers
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 4 oz. sweet butter
- salt and pepper
- 1 quart prepared Chicken Base of your choice
- 1 Brush the peppers with the oil.
- 2 Roast over an open flame or under a broiler until the skin chars and begins to blister.
- 3 Place in a covered container for 20-30 minutes.
- 4 Peel and seed peppers.
- 5 Puree in a blender until smooth.
- 6 Add the remaining ingredients, reserving the butter and salt for later use.
- 7 Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- 8 Remove from the heat and whisk in the butter, a piece at a time.
- 9 Adjust the seasoning with salt.
- 10 For roasted red pepper soup, add 1 cup of heavy cream to the above recipe.