Roasted Vegetables with Barley
- 16 oz. cooked white beans, rinsed
- 4 plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded and small diced
- 1 zucchini, peeled and small diced
- 1 small onion, small diced
- 1 zucchini, small diced
- 1 red pepper, small diced
- 1 green pepper, small diced
- 2 tsp. chopped garlic
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 qts. prepared Liquid Vegetable Consommé Prep
- 2 cups barley
- 1 tsp. chopped thyme
- 2 Tbsp. chopped basil
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1 Prepare the barley per package instructions in the Liquid Vegetable Consommé Prep.
- 2 Toss the chopoped garlic and vegetables in 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- 3 Caramelize in a preheated 400° oven.
- 4 Remove from oven and toss with the beans and herbs.
- 5 Season with additional undiluted Liquid Vegetable Consommé Prep.
- 6 Serve by putting a scoop of barley into a soup bowl and topping with the roasted vegetable mixture.