½ tsp. chopped garlic
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- 8 oz. heavy cream
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. Shrimp Base
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- pepper to taste
- prepared RC Shrimp Stock as needed
- ¼ tsp. Lemongrass Flavor
- ¼ tsp. chopped shallots
- ½ tsp. chopped garlic
- 1 Thoroughly chill the bowl and blade of a food processor.
- 2 Add the shrimp, chopped garlic, chopped shallots, RC Shrimp Base and RC Lemongrass Flavor and process by pulsing until thoroughly combined.
- 3 Scrape the bowl.
- 4 With the machine running, add the egg and slowly add the heavy cream.
- 5 A stiff mixture will result after 2-3 minutes.
- 6 Scrape the bowl and fold in the parsley.
- 7 Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
- 8 Spread an eighteen by eighteen-inch piece of plastic wrap out on a flat work surface.
- 9 Using a spatula, place about one quarter of the mousse in a 3-inch high row in a straight line from right to left in the center of the wrap (stopping about three inches from the edge).
- 10 Fold the top corners of the wrap towards you, joining the upper corners with the lower corners.
- 11 Remove the air bubbles with your index finger up against the mousse.
- 12 Roll the tube towards yourself and tie the ends, forming a long tube.
- 13 Repeat procedure with remaining mousse.
- 14 Poach in prepared RC Shrimp Stock until the internal temperature reaches 160°.
- 15 Serve sliced on a bias with the following recipe for Shrimp Sauce with Leeks and Shallots.