- 6 oz. provolone cheese
- 1½-2 lb. flank steak, trimmed and cleaned
- 2 Tbsp. Pesto Di Pomodoro
- 2 tsp. chopped garlic
- 1 Tbsp. chopped shallots
- 2 oz. fresh leaf spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Season the flank steak with the salt and pepper.
- 2 Pound the flank steak until it is about ½ inch thick.
- 3 Spread the Pesto Di Pomodoro, chopped garlic and chopped shallots on one side of the meat.
- 4 Top the same side with the provolone and spinach.
- 5 Roll the meat tightly, skewer the roll at 1-2 inch intervals, being sure to keep the roll tight.
- 6 Cut into pinwheels and grill to the desired temperature.