- ½ cup walnut halves
- oil for frying
- ¾ cup fresh orange juice
- 3 cups prepared No Added MSG Harvest Vegetable Base
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1 Tbsp. chopped shallots
- ¼ tsp. chopped garlic
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. No Added MSG Harvest Vegetable Base
- ¼ cup assorted small diced peppers
- ¼ cup raisins
- balsamic vinegar to taste
- 1 Heat olive oil and sauté the chopped garlic and chopped shallots.
- 2 Add the wild rice and stir to coat.
- 3 Add the prepared No Added MSG Harvest Vegetable Base and bring to a simmer.
- 4 Cover and simmer slowly for 35-45 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 5 Allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- 6 In a separate pan, reduce the orange juice by two-thirds over a low flame.
- 7 Reserve for later use.
- 8 Heat oil.
- 9 Toast walnuts in hot oil for 30-45 seconds.
- 10 Drain to paper towels and toss in No Added MSG Harvest Vegetable Base.
- 11 Combine the cooked rice, reduced orange juice, half of the seasoned walnuts, peppers and raisins.
- 12 Season with balsamic vinegar and mix well.
- 13 Serve warm or chilled, topped with remaining seasoned walnuts.