3 Chili Rub Smoked BBQ Beef Brisket
approx. 8 lbs. BBQ Smoked Brisket
- 1 – 12 lb. Packer Brisket
- 9 oz. RC Liquid Gluten-Free Beef Consommé Prep
- 3 qts. water
- 1 qt. apple juice
- 1 – 10 oz. jar RC Chipotle Chile Flavor Concentrate
- 1 – 10 oz. jar RC Ancho Chile Flavor Concentrate
- 1 – 10 oz. jar RC Ranchero Flavor Concentrate
- 4 oz. canola oil
- 1 The entire BBQ Smoking, Cooking and Resting will take approx. 90 minutes per lb. for trimmed brisket.
- 2 Trim outer fat on the brisket, leaving only ¼ inch.
- 3 In a container large enough to hold trimmed brisket, mix RC Liquid Gluten-Free Beef Consommé Prep, water and apple juice.
- 4 Blend well and submerge trimmed brisket in the brine.
- 5 Cover and refrigerate for at least 24 hours.
- 6 Remove brisket from the brine and pat dry.
- 7 In a mixing bowl combine, RC Chipotle Chile Flavor Concentrate, RC Ancho Chile Flavor Concentrate and RC Ranchero Flavor Concentrate and blend well.
- 8 Rub the dried trimmed brisket with canola oil and coat entire brisket with the mix and place in a smoker heated to 250°F fat side up.
- 9 Insert meat temperature probe and smoke uncovered until internal temperature reaches 165°F and you have a really nice BBQ bark.
- 10 Wrap brisket in 2 pieces of Peach Butcher Paper, insert meat temperature probe and continue to cook until internal temperature reaches 195 – 205°F and the meat is as tender as room temperature butter.
- 11 Place wrapped brisket on a tray and in a warm environment, (your oven - not turned on) so it can rest for at least an hour before slicing.
- 12 A very important step to ensure a juicy BBQ Brisket.
- 13 If you slice before resting, all the juices will run out and the brisket will be very dry.