Chicken and Sausage Gumbo
- 2 lbs. Andouille sausage
- 28 oz. RC Brown Roux
- 3 lbs. onions, medium dice
- 1 stalk celery, medium dice
- 1 lb. sliced okra
- 2 lbs. green peppers, medium dice
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tsp. chopped garlic
- 1 Tbsp. gumbo file
- 2 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
- 1 bunch scallions, julienne
- 4 lbs. blackened skinless chicken breasts, medium dice
- 2½ gal. prepared Chicken Base of your choice
- 1 #10 can crushed tomatoes in juice
- Jalapeño Flavor to taste
- 45-50 portions cooked rice
- 1 Thinly slice the Andouille sausage on a bias.
- 2 In a large stockpot, render the sausage over medium heat and remove with a slotted spoon.
- 3 Add the RC Brown Roux to the rendered fat and mix well with a wire whip.
- 4 Cook mixture over low heat, stirring regularly.
- 5 Add the vegetables and seasonings (except the diced tomatoes) and stir continuously until vegetables are tender.
- 6 Add the chicken breast, prepared Chicken Bases of your choice and tomatoes and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring regularly.
- 7 Season with Jalapeño Flavor to taste.
- 8 Serve over rice garnished with additional julienne scallions.