Chicken and Corn Chowder
- 1 lb. yellow corn
- 2 oz. vegetable oil
- 1 – 17 oz. pkg. RC Gluten-Free Seasoned Cream Soup Mix or RC Classic Seasoned Cream Soup Mix
- 64 oz. cold water
- 64 oz. cold milk
- 8 oz. butter
- 8 oz. onion, cut into small dice
- 8 oz. celery, cut into small dice
- 8 oz. carrots, cut into small dice
- 6 oz. red bell pepper, minced
- 1 qt. water
- 1 lb. cooked chicken meat, diced
- 1 lb. eastern potatoes, peeled and cut in small dice
- 3 tsp. RC Hearty Foundations® Low Sodium Supreme Ham Base
- 3 tsp. RC Oven Roasted Chicken Base
- 1 tsp. RC Umami Sensations® Kokumi Powder
- 1 tsp. RC Umami Sensations® Mirepoix Powder
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg, ground
- ¾ tsp. white pepper, ground
- 1 Heat oil and caramelize corn, onions and chopped garlic.
- 2 Add the celery and peppers and sauté until tender.
- 3 Add the seasonings, prepared Chicken Bases, Chipotle Chile Flavor Concentrate and water.
- 4 Bring to a simmer.
- 5 Simmer for 5 minutes.
- 6 Add roux and puree the mixture.
- 7 Simmer for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- 8 Finish with heavy cream and additional Chipotle Chile Flavor Concentrate as needed.
- 9 Mix the sour cream with the chopped parsley and Cilantro Flavor.
- 10 Use this as a garnish on top of soup.