- 6.4 oz. RC Hearty Foundations® Smart Sodium 400® Chicken Base
- 2 gallons water
- 2 oz. soybean oil
- 12 oz. yellow onion – cut into small dice
- 1 oz. fresh chopped garlic
- 1 lb. carrots– cut into small dice
- 1 lb. celery– cut into small dice
- 2 lbs. cooked diced white & dark chicken meat
- 4 oz. fresh arugula– cut in bite size pieces
- 4 oz. whole fresh baby spinach
- 2 Tbsp. fresh chopped parsley
- ½ tsp. ground white pepper
- ½ tsp. ground thyme
- 1 oz. grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Combine RC Hearty Foundations® Smart Sodium 400® Chicken Base and water then blend well.
- 2 In a soup pot add soy oil and heat.
- 3 Add yellow onion and garlic then sauté until onions are transparent.
- 4 Add carrots and celery, cover and sweat the vegetables until celery is tender.
- 5 Add chicken meat and prepared RC Hearty Foundations® Smart Sodium 400® Chicken Base and water and bring mixture to a simmer.
- 6 Add orzo pasta and cook until al dente.
- 7 Add rest of ingredients and hold at a minimum of 140°F.