Roasted Red Pepper Soup with Smoked Gouda
- 2 pkg. RC Gluten-Free Seasoned Cream Soup Base
- 2 gallons cold water
- 2 oz. olive oil
- 1½ quarts pureed roasted red peppers
- 16 oz. tomato puree
- 2 tsp. RC Roasted Garlic Base
- ½ cup RC Hearty Foundations® Smart Sodium 400® Vegetable Base
- 2 tsp. RC Umami Sensations® Mirepoix Powder
- 2 tsp. RC Umami Sensations® Roasted Chinese Cabbage Powder
- 1 lb. shredded Smoked Gouda
- 1 Combine RC Gluten-Free Seasoned Cream Soup Base with cold water and prepare according to package instructions.
- 2 In a separate pot, heat olive oil and add pureed roasted peppers, tomato puree and RC Roasted Garlic Base.
- 3 Mix together and bring to a simmer then stir in dry RC Hearty Foundations® Smart Sodium 400® Vegetable Base and simmer for 10-15 minutes stirring frequently.
- 4 Combine both prepared RC Gluten-Free Seasoned Cream Soup Base, roasted pepper and tomato mixture together and bring to a simmer.
- 5 Add both RC Umami Sensations® powders and smoked gouda, blend well and keep warm.
- 6 Garnish each bowl with shredded smoked gouda and chopped chives.
Value Added Suggestions:Garnish each portion with a little roasted or grilled vegetable plus some Herb Infused Olive Oil on each bowl. This soup can also be served cold.
Gluten-Free Seasoned Cream Soup Mix, Classic Seasoned Cream Soup Mix, Roasted Garlic Base, Hearty Foundations® Smart Sodium 400® Reduced Sodium Vegetable Base, Umami Sensations™ Mirepoix Powder,