- 2 oz. olive oil
- 1½ lbs. sliced leeks cleaned well
- 2 Tbsp. fresh garlic, minced
- 1½ lbs. sliced Portobello mushrooms
- 1 lb. sliced Cremini mushrooms
- 2 lbs. sliced domestic mushrooms
- 1 lb. carrots, sliced
- 1 bunch thinly sliced celery
- 24 oz. diced canned tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. dried thyme
- 2 gallons prepared RC Hearty Foundations® Reserve GF Beef Base
- 1 gallon prepared RC Hearty Foundations® Reserve GF Chicken Base
- ½ gallon prepared RC no added MSG Mushroom Base
- 1 lb. barley
- 4 each whole bay leaves
- RC Harvest Vegetable Base, use dry and season to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 In a heavy gauge soup pot heat olive oil and add cleaned leeks and fresh garlic, sauté until leeks caramelize slightly.
- 2 Add all mushrooms and sauté until mushrooms release all their moisture.
- 3 Add rest of ingredients and bring to a simmer skimming any scum from top.
- 4 When barley is fully cooked, season with dry RC Harvest Vegetable Base, black pepper and remove bay leaves.