- 10 special mushrooms
- ½ cup chopped shallots
- 1 pint Chardonnay
- 1 qt. heavy cream
- ¼ lb. butter, softened
- 10 oz. brie, rind removed
- 1 lb. spinach, wilted and drained
- 1 tsp. RC Mushroom Base
- 1½ tsp. RC Golden Vegetable Base
- ¾ tsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ cup white bread crumbs
- 4 oz. lump crab, cleaned
- 1 Remove the stems from mushrooms and mince.
- 2 Sweat the chopped shallots with the minced mushroom stems.
- 3 Add the white wine and reduce until almost dry.
- 4 Add the heavy cream and reduce by half. Whisk in the butter and brie until melted.
- 5 Place ½ cup of cheese sauce in a food processor along with the remaining ingredients, except the breadcrumbs, and crab.
- 6 Process until stuffing is well chopped. Fold in the breadcrumbs and crab.
- 7 Fill mushroom caps and bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Serve over wilted spinach.