- 24 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp. salt
- 24 leaves from Baby Bok Choy
- 24 – U-16 shrimp, peeled deveined tail on
- ¾ gallon Shrimp Vindaloo Sauce, from RC Recipe
- 48 oz. RC “Umamified” Pickled Vegetable Recipe, chopped
- For the Deviled Eggs
- reserved cooked egg yolks
- 6 oz. mayonnaise
- 8 oz. Vindaloo Sauce, from RC Recipe
- ½ tsp. RC Umami Sensations® Mirepoix Powder
- black and white toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- chopped scallions for garnish
- 1 Place eggs in a non-reactive pot and cover with cool water.
- 2 Add the salt and bring the eggs to a boil noting the time.
- 3 As soon as eggs start to boil, reduce heat and continue cooking for exactly 13 minutes.
- 4 Immediately shock cooked eggs in ice water until eggs are cool to touch.
- 5 This will ensure eggs are bright yellow and whites are not rubbery.
- 6 Peel shell and rinse under cold water. Trim bottom of egg yolk for a base and cut top of hardboiled egg off parallel to base, but low enough to just show some of the cooked yolk.
- 7 Pinch the sides of the egg gently and the cooked yolk should pop out.
- 8 Reserve cooked egg yolks in a nonreactive bowl.
- 9 Use a demitasse spoon if needed. Refrigerate all the cooked egg whites.
- 10 Mix cooked egg yolks with mayonnaise, Vindaloo Sauce, from RC Recipe and RC Umami Sensations® Mirepoix Powder until light and creamy and place mixture in a piping bag.
- 11 Steam baby bok choy leaves until just tender and shock in an ice bath.
- 12 Drain well and keep refrigerated. Heat the Shrimp Vindaloo Sauce, from RC Recipe and cook the shrimp in it until shrimp flesh is pearly and opaque, approximately 10-15 minutes.
- 13 Remove Shrimp and cool. Pipe deviled egg yolk filling in egg whites and keep refrigerated.