Crab and Corn Soup with Saffron
- 1 Tbsp. clarified butter
- 1 tsp. chopped garlic
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 8-10 ears corn, kernels removed
- 1 tsp. thyme
- healthy pinch saffron
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ cup Crab Base
- 6 quarts water
- 16 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and small diced
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 12-14 oz. crabmeat, cleaned
- 1 Heat the butter and sweat the chopped garlic, celery, onion, carrots and corn until tender.
- 2 Add thyme, saffron and bay leaves and continue to sweat the vegetable mixture for 3-5 minutes.
- 3 Add the Crab Base, water and potatoes.
- 4 Bring to a simmer and cook until potatoes are tender.
- 5 Remove the bay leaves and puree the mixture until smooth.
- 6 Add the heavy cream and crabmeat and simmer for 3-5 minutes longer.