- ½ lb. Carrots
- ½ lb. Onion
- ½ lb. Celery
- 2 lbs. Fresh broccoli
- 3 oz. Blended oil
- 1 ¼ oz. RC Hearty Foundations® Smart Sodium 400® Vegetable Base
- 1-17 oz. RC Gluten-Free Seasoned Cream Soup Mix or RC Seasoned Cream Soup Mix
- 1 gal. cold water
- 2 lbs. Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 8 oz. heavy cream
- 1 tsp. RC Umami Sensations® Gluten Free Soy Sauce Powder
- 1 tsp. RC Umami Sensations® Mirepoix Powder
- to taste - white pepper, nutmeg
- 1 Cut carrots, onion and celery into small dice, keep refrigerated.
- 2 Cut the broccoli into flowerets, peel stems and cut into small pieces keep separated and refrigerated.
- 3 Heat a thick gauge soup pot and add oil, add diced carrots onion and celery.
- 4 Cook until onion is slightly browned.
- 5 Cook until onion is slightly browned. Add RC Hearty Foundations® Reserve Gluten Free Vegetable Base and RC Gluten-Free Seasoned Cream Soup Mix or RC Seasoned Cream Soup Mix to cold water blend well, add mixture to pot.
- 6 Bring soup to a boil and add broccoli stems, reduce to a simmer and cook until broccoli stems are fully cooked then puree soup.
- 7 Add cheddar cheese, heavy cream, both RC Umami Sensations® powders and seasonings keep stirring frequently.
- 8 Add broccoli florets and cook until they are al dente.
Value Added Suggestions:
Try adding 4 oz. of bacon when sautéing mirepoix. To further “Umamify” the recipe, simply add 2 tsp. RC Umami Sensations® Kokumi Powder.Unseasoned Cream Sauce Mix, Umami Sensations™ Soy Sauce (wheat-free) Powder, Umami Sensations™ Mirepoix Powder, Hearty Foundations® Smart Sodium 400® Reduced Sodium Vegetable Base