Cream of Spinach and Brie Soup
- 1 Tbsp. whole butter
- 3 ribs celery, sliced
- ¾ tsp. chopped garlic
- ¼ cup chopped shallots
- 2 lbs. spinach
- 3 qts. prepared Chicken Base of your choice
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. thyme
- ground pepper to taste
- 1 lb. Brie
- 6-8 oz. prepared roux
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 Sweat the celery, chopped garlic and chopped shallots in butter.
- 2 Add the spinach and heat until wilted.
- 3 Add the prepared Chicken Base, bay leaf, Worcestershire sauce, thyme and ground pepper.
- 4 Bring to a boil.
- 5 Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- 6 Trim off the brie skin and discard.
- 7 Cut cheese into cubes and add to the simmering stock.
- 8 Whisk the stock until the Brie melts.
- 9 Continue whisking and add the roux a little at a time.
- 10 Add the cream and simmer for 5 additional minutes.
- 11 Remove the bay leaves and puree.