Cream of Spinach with Garden Tomatoes
approximately 32-7 oz. portions
- 1 jar Unseasoned Cream Sauce Mix
- 3½ qts. whole milk
- 3 qts. water
- 1⁄8 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 lbs. spinach
- 2 medium onions
- 4 ribs celery
- ½ tsp. chopped garlic
- 2 Tbsp. whole butter
- ground pepper
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 1 Using the milk and water, prepare the Unseasoned Cream Sauce.
- 2 Add the Chicken Bases and simmer.
- 3 Wash the spinach thoroughly and chiffonade.
- 4 Small dice the onion and celery.
- 5 In a separate pot, lightly sauté the spinach, onion, celery, and garlic in the whole butter.
- 6 Add to the simmering soup along with the nutmeg and ground pepper.
- 7 Simmer until spinach is tender.
- 8 Garnish with diced tomatoes.
- 9 If a smooth cream soup is desired, strain the vegetables from the soup and puree.