Creamy Corn and Chipotle Soup
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 lbs. corn kernels
- 2 medium onions, small diced
- 2 tsp. chopped garlic
- 2 ribs celery, peeled and small diced
- 1 green pepper, small diced
- 1 red pepper, small diced
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 2 quarts prepared Chicken Base of your choice
- 4 tsp. RC Chipotle Chile Flavor Concentrate
- 2 quarts water
- 6-8 oz. prepared roux
- 16 oz. heavy cream
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- 4-6 drops Cilantro Flavor
- 1 Heat oil and caramelize corn, onions and chopped garlic.
- 2 Add the celery and peppers and sauté until tender.
- 3 Add the seasonings, prepared Chicken Bases, Chipotle Chile Flavor Concentrate and water.
- 4 Bring to a simmer.
- 5 Simmer for 5 minutes.
- 6 Add roux and puree the mixture.
- 7 Simmer for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- 8 Finish with heavy cream and additional Chipotle Chile Flavor Concentrate as needed.
- 9 Mix the sour cream with the chopped parsley and Cilantro Flavor.
- 10 Use this as a garnish on top of soup.