- Herb Flavored Crostini
- 1 loaf French Baguette sliced ¼" thick
- 1 pint blended oil
- 4 oz. chopped fresh garlic
- 1 Tbsp. Hearty Foundations® Smart Sodium 400® Reduced Sodium Vegetable Base No Added MSG
- 8 oz. shredded Parmesan cheese
- Pesto scented Ricotta Cheese
- 1 pkg. Creamy Pesto Sandwich Sauce
- 2 lbs. ricotta cheese
- To taste freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 For the Herb Flavored Crostini
- 2 Spread the sliced baguette on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Heat the blended oil and add chopped garlic.
- 3 Toast crostini in a 350°F oven until cheese just melts. Cool the prepared crostini but don’t refrigerate. Store finished crostini in sealed containers.
- 5 For the Pesto Scented Ricotta
- 6 Combine the RC Creamy Pesto Sandwich Sauce dry with the ricotta cheese and fold until all the ingredients are blended together. Keep mixture refrigerated.
- 7 When assembling crostini – portion Pesto Scented Ricotta Cheese on top of prepared Crostini and drizzle with olive oil and a pinch of freshly cracked black pepper. Herb roasted tomatoes are a great accompaniment. The prepared Crostini plates can be drizzled with prepared RC Red Pepper Basil Sandwich Sauce, a perfect aioli for the dish.