Gluten Free Carrot and Ginger Bisque
- 4 oz. blended oil
- 4 large onions
- 4 oz. minced fresh garlic
- 12 lbs. carrots rough cut with skin left on
- 1½ gallons prepared RC Hearty Foundations® Vegan Kosher GF Chicken Base
- ½ gallon water
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 4 Tablespoons RC Harvest Vegetable Base
- 1 cup RC Ginger Puree
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 In a heavy gauge soup pot, heat blended oil and add chopped onions then brown slightly.
- 2 Add minced garlic and sauté until aromatic.
- 3 Add carrots, prepared RC Hearty Foundations® Vegan Kosher GF Chicken Base, water & bay leaves.
- 4 Cook mixture covered until carrots are tender.
- 5 Puree soup and add RC Harvest Vegetable Base dry, white pepper, salt, RC Ginger Puree, nutmeg, ground thyme & heavy cream.
- 6 Simmer ingredients for 15-20 minutes.