Gluten-Free Poached Salmon with RC Cucumber Dill Sauce
- ½ gallon water
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 oz. RC Hearty Foundations® Smart Sodium 400® Reduced Sodium Seafood Base
- 1 tsp. RC Umami Sensations® Fish Sauce Powder
- 1 qt. white wine
- 8 oz. RC Dill Sauce, prepared
- 2 ribs celery, sliced
- 3 shallots, peeled and sliced
- 6-8 whole black peppercorns
- 6 parsley stems
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 12 – 6 oz. salmon fillets, trimmed and pin bones removed
- 1 qt. prepared, RC Cucumber Dill Dressing Mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 In a sauce pan add bay leaves, RC Hearty Foundations® Smart Sodium 400® Reduced Sodium Seafood Base, RC Umami Sensations® Fish Sauce Powder, wine, prepared RC Dill Sauce, water, vegetables, herbs and spices.
- 2 Bring mixture to a boil and then pour into 2½ inch deep hotel pan and bring to a simmer on range top.
- 3 Add raw salmon filets and continue simmering mixture until salmon reaches 145°F internal.
- 4 Place on parchment lined sheet pan and refrigerate until poached salmon is 40°F.
- 5 Strain and reserve poaching liquid for either poaching more salmon or making soups or sauces.
- 6 Prepare RC Cucumber Dill Dressing Mix according to label instructions and reserve 1 qt. in a mixing bowl.
- 7 Whisk in sour cream and refrigerate.
- 8 Serve with poached salmon.