Italian Wedding Soup
- 2 Tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
- 4 Tbsp. fresh bread crumbs
- 2 egg slightly beaten
- 1 cup acini di pepe pasta
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 cup small diced carrots
- 3 quarts prepared Chicken Base of your choice
- 1 tsp. chopped basil
- 1 tsp. No Added MSG Roasted Onion Base
- 4 cups thinly sliced escarole
- 1 In a medium bowl, combine meat, egg, bread crumbs, cheese & chopped basil.
- 2 Shape into 1 inch balls and bake in a 350°F oven until fully cooked & reserve.
- 3 While meatballs are cooking, in a soup pot bring prepared Chicken Bases to a boil and add No Added MSG Roasted Onion Base, sliced escarole, pasta, carrots and cooked meatballs.
- 4 Cook for 10-15 minutes until pasta is al dente.
- 5 Season with black pepper & additional parmesan cheese.