- 1 large eggplant, peeled and cut into 1 inch dice
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1 oz. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 tsp. chopped garlic
- 1 each green & yellow bell peppers, seeded and cut into large dice
- 2 large portabella mushroom, sliced
- 16 oz. good quality marinara sauce
- 1 qt. RC Vegan Demi Glace Mix, prepared
- 8 oz. red wine
- 4 oz. balsamic vinegar
- 8 oz. edamame beans
- 6 oz. cooked cannellini beans, rinse if using canned
- 1 Tbsp. chopped italian parsley
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 8 oz. prepared Hearty Foundations™ Vegan GF FlavorMatch® Gluten-Free Chicken Flavor Base No Added MSG
- 1 Mix large diced eggplant and salt together in a bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, overnight would be best.
- 2 This will ensure the bitterness is removed.
- 3 Heat oil in a large sauté pan and add onion.
- 4 Caramelize onions and add garlic, peppers and mushrooms.
- 5 Cook mixture for 3-5 minutes.
- 6 While vegetables are cooking, drain salted eggplant and rinse well with cold water.
- 7 Add to pepper, mushroom and onion mixture and continue cooking until eggplant is soft.
- 8 Add rest of ingredients and bring to a simmer.
- 9 Cook until vegetables are soft but not mushy and season with black pepper.